June 28, 2011

♥♥♥ LOCKS OF LOVE ♥♥♥

STEPHANIE (often spelled Stefanie) is a female name that comes from the Greek name "Stefanos" (Στέφανος) meaning "crown"


My Mermaid Hair
Mary Stephanie -- yup, that's my name.. 
My mom loves the name Stephanie ever since she was a teen.. She then promised herself that if she'll ever have a baby girl she'll name it Stephanie.. 


I'm her first born,, but did you know i was suppose to be Mark Stephen?! When I was still in my mother's womb she thought she was expecting a baby boy.. Mother's Instinct? I would say, yes! Why? See, I may be a girl, but I always end up to be one of the boys. I enjoy extreme activities a lot.. It's like I'd rather play hockey than learn figure skating.. I play barbie dolls, yes.. but not for long,, i'll drop it, go out to the streets and play with my cousins.. in a skirt.. hehehe.. ok, enough about my masculinity,, My post is really about my "crown


MY HAIR..
"A woman's hair is her crowning glory


For most women, they want to make sure their hair is shiny, glossy, manageable.. in short, PERFECT! I believe our hair serves to be our identity.. I am blessed to have long healthy hair.. and it grows extremely fast.. Despite my long hair, I don't normally brush 'em.. it's "air-dry" hehehehe.. Sorry, I didn't mean to brag,, but it's just something to be really proud of and thankful for.. My hair is definitely my "CROWN"


Courtesy of : Kids with Cancer

Now, what if you see little girls who loses their hair due to cancer.. How would you feel? How do they feel? This may cause lack of self-esteem and lowered spirits. Hair is somehow important determinant of expressing individuality. We all know how crucial individuality issues are with kids. 


Being a performing artist, we should have limitless confidence, high immunity with social awkwardness. As a business person, strong-personality beyond compare should be above my cloud. 

I consider my hair as one of my bestowed gift from God.. And this one special gift I would love to share.. For the first time, I will cut my hair short. And donate it to Locks of Love Organization and have a child with cancer as a recipient. I know this would mean a lot not only to myself but to my recipient whom not only lost her hair but suffer loss of self, and with this donation it may begin to rebuild her self-esteem. 


This is a challenge for me too, I have never showcased short hair for the longest time.. Call me a liar if a say I'm not scared,, you bet I am! Would it look good on me? Can i still carry myself with it? I don't know.. But keeping those kids in my thoughts,, it doesn't matter to me anymore.. I would love to see a little girl's big smile with my hair on her head.

4 comments:

  1. welcome to blogspot ;D I love yer idea bes. I'm proud of you. It takes little efforts to revive a colossal hope for kids like them. add me up: http://thehipboreeto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi bes,, yeah welcome me in.. hehehehe.. thanks bes.. i'm scared still.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph! Awesome!!! I wanna do the same! but I still have to grow my hair back. And when it's long enough, wish I'll have your courage to cut it short again. Your short hair looks great on you! God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph! Awesome!!! I wanna do the same. But I still have to grow my hair back. And when its long enough wish i'll have your courage to cut it short again. Haha! Short hair looks great on you! God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete